Stress may be described as “The reaction people have to excessive pressures or other types of demand placed on them. It arises when they worry that they cannot cope” HSE Definition.
“Stress is an adverse reaction experienced to too much (or too little) pressure.” ISMAuk
There are many symptoms that are indicators of too much pressure that can come from yourself, work, home, any combination of, or maybe even all three.
Psychological signs may include: Inability to concentrate, easily distracted, worrying
Emotional signs may include: Mood swings, extra sensitive to criticism, feeling out of control, defensive.
Physical signs may include: aches and pains, frequent colds, allergies/rashes/skin irritations, dizziness/palpitations
Behavioural signs may include: no time to relax, increased reliance on alchol, smoking, caffeine, changes in diet, social withdrawal, insomnia, becoming a workaholic, poor time management and/or poor standards of work.
If you feel you may be suffering from stress, I offer 6 focussed sessions on :
1. Understanding what stress is and how it affects it you as an individual
2. Your stress profile – gaining insight to any unhelpful behaviours
3. Exploring and working with your stressors – opportunities for making changes to support you.
4. Positive Thinking, Time Management and Assertiveness to support change
5. The importance of Balance and Wellbeing – includes review of your current lifestyle, identifies opportunities for support through nutrition, exercise, sleep and relaxation techniques.
6. Resilience – learn and develop resilience to manage any stress in your life.
There is a general theme around wellbeing within these sessions. Each session will be informative and interactive and will last an hour, the cost of each session is £40 and may be paid as we meet. It is advised that around 2-3 weeks between appointments to allow time for reflection and change. You will be provided with handouts to support your learning and exercises to increase your awareness and longer term resilience. Please contact me for any further information you require.
If you are worried about symptoms don’t rationalise them away, if you are not sure – ask your GP.
Discover a balanced life that works for you at Nunavik.